Nawaz Sharif demands apology or resignation of NAB chief over 'baseless' money laundering probe
Sharif, who stepped down from the country's top office following his disqualification by Supreme Court last year, added that severity of the allegations could not be ignored.
He asserted that "the anti-graft body has lost all its credibility after initiating a probe into baseless allegations of transferring $4.9 billion to India".
The ex-premier, who was flanked by his daughter Maryam Safdar, further alleged that conspiracies were being hatched to forge new cases against him and to sentence him in these cases.
"I will neither file clemency appeal nor apologise if convicted in ongoing corruption cases," Nawaz Sharif announced.
On Tuesday, the NAB chairman ordered to verify the allegations against Sharif and others for laundering huge sums of money to India.
'Money laundering to India': NAB clarifies probe ... 07:13 PM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has clarified its orders regarding probe against former prime ...
In a press release, the anti-corruption watchdog took notice of the media reports regarding alleged transfer of $4.9 billion to India by the ex-PM and others.
In an informal talk with reporters inside the court, Nawaz Sharif hailed PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi’s statement about NAB’s functions, adding that the anti-graft watchdog was misusing the authority in many cases.
PM Abbasi proposes summoning NAB chief over ... 02:17 PM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Taking a strong exception to the inquiry against Nawaz Sharif regarding the 'baseless' allegations of money ...
Demanding to abolish the NAB laws introduced during Pervez Musharraf regime, Nawaz Sharif said that the former military dictator had designed it (NAB) for his vested interests. “We could not concentrate on this law while staying focused on development works,” he said.
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio surges to 4.61%11:17 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Petroleum dealers warns of countrywide strike over low profit10:48 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Muzaffar Ali Ranja appointed chairman of Prime Minister’s ...09:59 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shoaib Akhtar shares unique view of Holy Kaaba09:04 AM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain share stunning pictures from vacation09:27 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022