Nawaz Sharif demands apology or resignation of NAB chief over 'baseless' money laundering probe
Sharif, who stepped down from the country's top office following his disqualification by Supreme Court last year, added that severity of the allegations could not be ignored.
He asserted that "the anti-graft body has lost all its credibility after initiating a probe into baseless allegations of transferring $4.9 billion to India".
The ex-premier, who was flanked by his daughter Maryam Safdar, further alleged that conspiracies were being hatched to forge new cases against him and to sentence him in these cases.
"I will neither file clemency appeal nor apologise if convicted in ongoing corruption cases," Nawaz Sharif announced.
On Tuesday, the NAB chairman ordered to verify the allegations against Sharif and others for laundering huge sums of money to India.
'Money laundering to India': NAB clarifies probe ... 07:13 PM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has clarified its orders regarding probe against former prime ...
In a press release, the anti-corruption watchdog took notice of the media reports regarding alleged transfer of $4.9 billion to India by the ex-PM and others.
In an informal talk with reporters inside the court, Nawaz Sharif hailed PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi’s statement about NAB’s functions, adding that the anti-graft watchdog was misusing the authority in many cases.
PM Abbasi proposes summoning NAB chief over ... 02:17 PM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Taking a strong exception to the inquiry against Nawaz Sharif regarding the 'baseless' allegations of money ...
Demanding to abolish the NAB laws introduced during Pervez Musharraf regime, Nawaz Sharif said that the former military dictator had designed it (NAB) for his vested interests. “We could not concentrate on this law while staying focused on development works,” he said.
- Pakistan to celebrate Youm-e-Takbeer with national zeal11:17 AM | 27 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz to announce relief package for those who can’t afford ...09:45 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:19 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022