Govt should not ask for disclosure of Dawn story source: Pakistan Press Council
The Council unanimously resolved that the committee should not proceed against the Newspaper or its staff and also not insist upon divulgence of its source of information in the conduct of its probe.
The Council was of the view that matters such as these fall within the jurisdiction of the council and should have been brought before the Council in the event of any grievance as envisaged in the Press Council of Pakistan Ordinance.
Chairman Press Council of Pakistan, Dr. M. Salah-ud-Din Mengal chaired the 13th General Council meeting of the Press Council of Pakistan.
Senior journalist Mujibur Rehman Shami, Mr. Kazi Asad Abid, Mr. Amer Mahmood, Wamiq Zuberi, Mr. Ali Kazi, Mr. Anwar Sajdi, Mr. Ibrahim Khan, Dr. Shah Jahan Syed, Mr. Iqbal Jaffri, Mr. Khurshid Tanweer, Mr. Nasir Zaidi, and Acting Registrar PCP Mr. Ejaz Hussain Baqri attended the meeting.
The Press Council of Pakistan in its 13th General Council Meeting discussed the formation of a probe committee formed by the Federal Government on the publication of news story in Daily Dawn in its issue of 6th October 2016.
The minutes of the 12th General Council meeting were presented before the Council. All other agenda items of 13th General Council were also discussed in detail in the meeting which were approved by the Council.
- Pakistan’s Skardu Airport opens for international flights tomorrow05:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Saudi Arabia sees Gulf’s first confirmed Omicron case05:36 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer pleads being ‘mentally ill’04:38 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Saba Qamar and Fahad Mustafa stun fans with sizzling performance in ...04:13 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani model apologises over photoshoot at Kartarpur gurdwara09:53 PM | 30 Nov, 2021