Pakistan condemns restrictions on Eid Milad-un-Nabi congregations in Indian occupied Kashmir
Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal, in a statement on Sunday, said imposition of restrictions on celebrations and other congregations on the birthday of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) represents utter disrespect for the sentiments of the Muslims of Occupied Jammu and Kashmir .
It is also a flagrant violation of their fundamental freedom of religion, he added.
The spokesperson urged the international community, the United Nations, and other human rights organizations to take notice of the brutal suppression of the religious rights and freedoms of the Kashmiri people in violation of international laws and conventions.
He said for more than fourteen weeks, over 8 million Kashmiris are under the inhuman lockdown by over 900, 000 Indian occupation forces.
The spokesperson said the Indian government should immediately restore internet and mobile phone services, release all prisoners including civil society members, especially the abducted young boys, remove article 144, Public Safety Act and other draconian laws, and allow the independent media and international human rights observers to visit the region to independently observe the well-being of the Kashmiri people.
He said the Indian government cannot suppress the aspirations of the people of Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir for exercising their right to self-determination as enshrined in the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019