ECP bans new recruitment in state departments ahead of 2018 elections
The order will take effect from April 01. All federal and provincial authorities have been issued directives to strictly comply with the restrictions, the Commission said in a statement on Wednesday.
It added the ban is aimed to ensure transparency in the general elections scheduled around August this year.
On Tuesday, the electoral body announced that April 24 is the last date, after which any change to the voter details or the constituency will not be possible.
According to the ECP, the voters can confirm their registration and acquire details of their constituency on the mobile phones by sending a text message on 8300.
The National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) has handed over the list of 104.26 million voters to the ECP.
- Two Indian army pilots killed in helicopter crash in occupied Kashmir02:51 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Greek envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s efforts for regional ...02:19 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Taliban spox heaps praise on PM Imran for peace efforts in Afghanistan01:56 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan mulls legal action against England, NZ cricket teams: Info ...01:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021