ECP bans new recruitment in state departments ahead of 2018 elections
The order will take effect from April 01. All federal and provincial authorities have been issued directives to strictly comply with the restrictions, the Commission said in a statement on Wednesday.
It added the ban is aimed to ensure transparency in the general elections scheduled around August this year.
On Tuesday, the electoral body announced that April 24 is the last date, after which any change to the voter details or the constituency will not be possible.
According to the ECP, the voters can confirm their registration and acquire details of their constituency on the mobile phones by sending a text message on 8300.
The National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) has handed over the list of 104.26 million voters to the ECP.
- Shehbaz Sharif lastly breaks silence on resignation rumours01:59 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Over 23mn children to be vaccinated against polio in nationwide ...01:13 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- MOFA rejects assertions made against Pakistan by ex-Canadian minister12:27 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Tokyo Olympics: Lamont Marcell Jacobs creates history as first ...11:58 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prayer leader arrested for attempt to rape two minor girls in ...11:27 AM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021