Supreme Court orders to register case against K-Electric
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Apex Court has directed to register case against K-Electric over recent deaths in Karachi due to electrocution during ongoing Monsoon rain spell.
According to media details, Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Gulzar Ahmed has also ordered to put K-Electric Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Monis Alvi’s name on Exit Control List (ECL) and conduct audit of the company.
While expressing anger over prolonged electricity outages in the metropolis, the top judge reprimanded the concerned authorities and remarked that people are severely suffering from this issue.
Earlier, the apex top had remarked that eight to ten people are dying every day in Karachi due to electrocution and National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) is doing nothing.
The top court conducted the hearing, following continuous electricity loadshedding and electrocution-related incidents which occurred after monsoon rains lashed in parts of Karachi.
- Two students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab11:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- ‘You are our heroes’: CJCSC Gen Nadeem confers civil awards on ...09:54 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Saudi Arabia announces to restore Umrah pilgrimage in phases09:32 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Brand Spectrum wins Best Social Media Campaign recognition at ...09:12 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Army inducts powerful VT-4 tanks with ultra-modern technology08:01 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020