Indian National Security adviser denies cancelation of Pak-India talks
A report in Hindi daily on Monday quoted Ajit Doval as saying in an exclusive interview, "As long as Pakistan doesn‘t take action against those guilty of Pathankot attack and India is satisfied with Pakistan’s action on the issue, there won t be any peace talks between the two countries. For now, India is cancelling the Indo-Pak secretary level meet, scheduled to be held on January 15."
However, shortly after the interview was published, Doval denied making any such remark.
"I speak to journalists every day. But I do not remember giving any such interview. I strongly deny that I made such a statement," Doval said in a telephonic conversation to ANI on the Dainik Bhaskar interview.
Doval separately told NDTV that he has not said the talks have been cancelled. He added that dates for the foreign secretary-level talks have not been fixed and that talks will only happen if Pakistan takes action against perpetrators of the Pathankot airbase terror attack.
Indian officials suspect the January 2 attack on the Pathankot base, which left seven soldiers dead, was carried out by the banned Pakistan-based group Jaish-e-Mohammed.
- Azam Swati questions ECP’s decision to serve him show-cause notice12:48 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- No reason to doubt Taliban’s intentions, says ISPR DG12:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan extremely vulnerable to climate change, PM Imran tells world ...12:10 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- vivo Pakistan committed to enriching people's lives with superior ...09:40 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021