NAB seeks Interpol's support to bring back Hassan, Hussain Nawaz
'If the ministry feels satisfied with the documents provided, it can instruct the FIA to contact Interpol for assistance,' disclosed the sources.
The scions of Nawaz Sharif have been absconding in the Avenfield reference for which the accountability court has issued perpetual arrest warrants, besides declaring them proclaimed offenders.
The accountability watchdog is now seeking the help of Interpol for their arrest, for which it has contacted the Ministry of Interior, Express Tribune reported.
Earlier last week, the NAB court in its verdict regarding the posh London flats of the former ruling family noted that the accused Hussain , Hassan and Maryam were not financially sound during the years 1993, 1995, and 1996, when the apartments were purchased through offshore companies, the beneficial owner of which was Maryam.
Judge Bashir had stated in his judgment that Hussain and Maryam Nawaz were directors of Hudaybia Paper Mills while Hassan was a shareholder, adding that there was no evidence that members of Qatar’s royal family had filed any objections against the order of attachment of Avenfield Apartments passed by England’s Queen’s Bench in a 1999 case.
The court had issued directions for separate trials of Hassan and Hussain after they failed to turn up before the court despite repeated orders; the duo, however, appeared before the six-member Joint Investigation Team formed in line with the Supreme Court’s direction in the Panama Papers case.
Additionally, NAB has also asked the interior ministry for the issuance of a red warrant for the arrest of former finance minister Ishaq Dar who is currently in London.
The Ministry of Interior has asked NAB for perpetual Warrants of Arrest (WOA) and certified copies of the proclamation of Ishaq Dar in this context and sources claim that the bureau will provide these documents soon.
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Ali Wazir, Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- 32 early harvest projects completed under CPEC in 5 years04:52 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019