MQM rejects ‘anti-people’ Sindh budget
KARACHI (Staff Report) - The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) on Saturday rejected the Sindh budget presented in the provincial assembly, declaring it ‘anti-people’.
“We completely reject this budget which offers no respite to the masses who are facing hike in the prices of flour, sugar, vegetables and other commodities,” MQM leader Khawaja Izharul Hasan said while talking to media outside Sindh Assembly.
He said a Ramazan package was nowhere to be found in the proposed budget, even though costs of edibles had been skyrocketing.
“Neither there was a mention of relief package in the budget for Ramazan nor were any new hospitals or uplift schemes for Thar announced,” Izhar added.
He also pointed out that the budget did not offer any mega project for Sindh’s rural areas.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020