NAB arrests Hamza Shehbaz after bail expires
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court has rejected Opposition Leader in the Punjab Assembly Hamza Shehbaz's interim bail extension plea in the Ramzan Sugar Mills case, money laundering and assets beyond means cases on Tuesday.
The two-member bench comprising Justice Mazhar Ali Akbar Naqvi and Justice Shahid Waheed Khan heard petitions of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader as he appears before the LHC following the expiration of his interim bail expired today.
Strict security measures were taken in and outside the court before the arrival of Hamza Shahbaz and PML-N.
Hamza Shehbaz, along with his father Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif were indicted in the Ramzan Sugar Mills case on April 9.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had constituted special teams for the arrest of Hamza.
In February, the NAB had filed a reference against the duo alleging that the former chief minister of Punjab Shehbaz Sharif misused his authority by using public funds for the construction of a bridge to facilitate the Ramzan mills, which is owned by his sons.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020