Corps Commanders' Conference: COAS Bajwa again calls for mainstreaming of Fata
RAWALPINDI - The 210th Corps Commanders' Conference chaired by Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa held in Rawalpindi at GHQ reviewed geo-strategic security environment with special focus on mainstreaming of Fata and Khushhal Balochistan project, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement.
The internal security situation, the progress of ongoing counter-terrorism operations and its projection to achieve enduring peace and stability was discussed, ISPR added.
"The COAS directed that the stability and development prong efforts must trickle down dividends of peace to the public, while control of cleared areas is being handed over to civil administration through their enhanced capacity," the statement said.
The top military brass discussed progress of ongoing Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad and Khushal Balochistan programme.
The forum acknowledged contributions and sacrifices of all national stakeholders especially the resilient Pakistanis in rejecting terrorism, bringing about security and stability in the country.
"Key dividend remains linked to mainstreaming of Fata in line with popular public sentiments. The forum concluded to continue efforts in support of state institutions which are taking Pakistan on a positive trajectory of peace, stability and prosperity," it added.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019