Right to cast vote constitutional right of all citizens, says CJP
He was observing a briefing by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) about overseas Pakistanis' right to cast the vote in Islamabad on Thursday.
This initiative was taken by NADRA with the collaboration of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) following the orders of the court. A three-member bench heard the briefing.
Chief Election Commissioner Raza Muhammad Khan, Attorney General of Pakistan Ashtar Ausaf Ali and representatives of different political parties were present on the occasion.
In his briefing Chairman NADRA Usman Mobin said that the online voting system is fully secured and 2.9 million Pakistanis will be able to cast their votes. He said that "ivote" is an online service introduced by the government for the overseas Pakistanis.
IT experts from leading Pakistani universities were asked to present a brief report about further security and authenticity of the online voting system.
Now the hearing has been adjourned till coming Monday and representatives of political parties were asked to come up with new proposals.
- Dr Nauman barred from hosting show on PTV for insulting Shoaib Akhtar ...10:12 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021