Right to cast vote constitutional right of all citizens, says CJP
He was observing a briefing by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) about overseas Pakistanis' right to cast the vote in Islamabad on Thursday.
This initiative was taken by NADRA with the collaboration of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) following the orders of the court. A three-member bench heard the briefing.
Chief Election Commissioner Raza Muhammad Khan, Attorney General of Pakistan Ashtar Ausaf Ali and representatives of different political parties were present on the occasion.
In his briefing Chairman NADRA Usman Mobin said that the online voting system is fully secured and 2.9 million Pakistanis will be able to cast their votes. He said that "ivote" is an online service introduced by the government for the overseas Pakistanis.
IT experts from leading Pakistani universities were asked to present a brief report about further security and authenticity of the online voting system.
Now the hearing has been adjourned till coming Monday and representatives of political parties were asked to come up with new proposals.
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021