Pakistan stands with you, COAS Bajwa to Kashmiris under Indian occupation
RAWALPINDI – Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Monday visited the Line of Control (LoC) and celebrated Eid-ul-Azha with soldiers in the Bagh sector, according to a press release by the Pakistan Army's military wing.
In its statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) quoted Gen Bajwa as saying Pakistanis stood strong with their Kashmiri brothers and sisters.
The top general said the government had initiated multiple efforts to redress the Kashmir crisis. "Our resolve to solve the Kashmir dispute is as strong as desire for peace," Gen Bajwa said.
"We must not give them any opportunity to cover up the crimes it is committing in IOJ&K."
On August 5, the Indian government stripped the disputed state of Jammu and Kashmir of its special status, which was guaranteed under Article 370 of the Indian constitution. It then decided to split the state into two union territories that would be under Federal control: Ladakh, and Jammu and Kashmir. This division is envisaged by the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, which will come into effect on October 31.
The controversial move by India’s Hindu nationalist prime minister, Narendra Modi, has led to fears of widespread unrest and paralysed normal life as tens of thousands of extra troops and security personnel were dispatched to add to the estimated 500,000 already present, making it one of the world’s most militarised zones.
Prime Minister Imran Khan ordered that a special committee be established to work out a legal, political and diplomatic response to the decision of India on the state of Jammu and Kashmir. What resulted was Islamabad announcing last Wednesday a downgrade in diplomatic relations with India, the suspension of bilateral trade and the revision of a number of agreements.
Pakistan will respond stronger in case of any ... 10:18 AM | 9 Aug, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Director General (DG) Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor said that Pakistan ...
Meanwhile, Pakistan’s armed forces stay on alert to counter any aggression from the eastern border.
- US confirms more than 100,000 infections of coronavirus cases11:37 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Govt arranges special flight to airlift stranded Pakistanis from ...10:19 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Chinese doctors’ team to arrive in Pakistan today to check spread ...09:32 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- COVID-19: Pakistan establishes Command & Control Center set up for ...08:40 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019