PIA grounds all ATR jets for thorough evaluation
The decision came as the national flag carrier decided to conduct a thorough examination of the aircraft, in a bid to avoid any mishap in the future.
The statement said the "temporary suspension of ATR operation" will affect PIA's flights to smaller airports such as Gwadar, Turbat, Panjgur, Mohenjo Daro, Zhob, Bahawalpur, Dera Ghazi Khan, Chitral and Gilgit.
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-661 carrying 48 passengers and crew had crashed on the way to Islamabad from Chitral on Wednesday.
On Sunday, the pilot of an ATR-42 flight had aborted the take-off of the Multan-Karachi flight after observing a fault in one of the engines. The plane was temporarily grounded as a precautionary measure.
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:09 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021