COAS pledges to uphold ‘dignity and credibility’ of Pakistan Army
The chief visited Para Rangers at Jhelum and witnessed the concluding session of Army Firing Competition. A total of 667 military and civilian shooters from across the country participated in the four-week-long event.
Appreciating their performances, the COAS stated that with more focused preparations our teams should be good enough to represent Pakistan in international events. The special feature of the event was the participation of 86 war wounded officers and soldiers in the competition.
Later, COAS addressed Kharian Garrison officers. Speaking on the occasion, General Bajwa appreciated the officers for their contributions in counter-terrorism operations as part of Operation Zarb-e-Azb.
He paid rich tributes to those who had been injured and martyred in the line of duty. He said the Pakistan army is a great institution.
“Its dignity and credibility shall be upheld through selfless performance of our role and duties,” he said.
Earlier on arrival, the army chief was received by Lieutenant General Umar Farooq Durrani, Commander Central Command.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021