Japanese citizen allegedly commits suicide in Pakistan
Revealing the details, City Police Officer (CPO) Multan Ahsan Younas said the man, later identified as Oka Makara, jumped to his death from the third floor of a hotel situated in Multan's Tariq Road area.
The Japanese citizen was staying in the hotel as he was working on a project based in Dera Ghazi Khan. Some 15-20 people from China and Japan are also staying in the same hotel, police said.
Police shifted the body to Nishtar Hospital for an autopsy.
The CPO said forensic evidence was collected from the incident site and an investigation into the death has been started.
Sources in the area told DawnNews that a suicide note allegedly penned by Makara was found from the spot and it read:
"I am very sad."
- Hundreds of Indian devotees contract COVID-19 at Kumbh festival06:00 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- In world first, New Zealand to roll out climate change law05:40 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Rangers deployed in Punjab districts amid violent TLP protests05:22 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- US state secretary discusses Afghanistan drawdown plan with Pakistan ...05:11 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman, Shaheen Afridi reach career-best ODI rankings04:51 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Sami Khan tests positive for COVID-1903:05 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Atif Aslam set to release a new naat this Ramadan03:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Saba Qamar spends quality time with family post her breakup02:01 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021