Japanese citizen allegedly commits suicide in Pakistan
Revealing the details, City Police Officer (CPO) Multan Ahsan Younas said the man, later identified as Oka Makara, jumped to his death from the third floor of a hotel situated in Multan's Tariq Road area.
The Japanese citizen was staying in the hotel as he was working on a project based in Dera Ghazi Khan. Some 15-20 people from China and Japan are also staying in the same hotel, police said.
Police shifted the body to Nishtar Hospital for an autopsy.
The CPO said forensic evidence was collected from the incident site and an investigation into the death has been started.
Sources in the area told DawnNews that a suicide note allegedly penned by Makara was found from the spot and it read:
"I am very sad."
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021