PSX touches record high, closes at 39,020 points
The benchmark 100-share index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ended 1.70 percent higher, or 652.27 points, at 39,020.23, a record high close.
Among gainers, K-Eletric was the volume leader with 39 million shares traded.
“Bullish momentum was witnessed with supplementary supportive news of tax rebate benefiting shariah-compliant companies,” dealers said.
The federal government has introduced a two percent tax rebate for shariah-compliant listed companies through the Finance Act 2016, the News International daily of the Jung Group reported on its website.
The rebate came after a suggestion by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan as part of reforms to develop the Islamic capital market, it said.
The rupee ended flat at 104.79/104.84 against the dollar, compared with Monday’s close of 104.79/104.84.
Overnight rates in the money market fell to 5.60 percent from Monday’s close of 6.25 percent.
- German envoy meets Pakistan Army chief, pledges to boost bilateral ...05:57 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Who can attend Hajj 2021? Saudi Arabia makes key announcement05:37 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- IHC orders removal of ex-ISI chief Durrani’s name from ECL04:53 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Twitter reacts to #PSL 2021 suspension04:25 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran nominates Sadiq Sanjrani for Senate Chairmanship03:56 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Rakhi Sawant and brother Rakesh accused of fraud02:22 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Mahira Khan faces backlash for supporting Mera Jism Meri Marzi slogan02:05 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Deepika Padukone and Tiger Shroff accused of plagiarism07:21 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021