PM Imran emphasizes on providing relief to the poor segments of society
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized on providing relief to the poor segments of society through targeted subsidies amid COVID-19.
Chairing a meeting of a Think-Tank on Finance and Economy in Islamabad, the premier said that the COVID-19 adversely impacted the world economy including Pakistan.
The Prime Minister said that from day one, the government adopted a strategy to maintain a balance between sustaining economic activity and protecting the masses from infectious disease of Covid-19.
He emphasized that out-of-the-box solutions are required for economic growth in these crucial times due to Coronavirus pandemic.
The Prime Minister highlighted that a substantive package has been announced for the construction and housing sector aimed at increasing much needed employment opportunities and economic stimulus as well as adding to the inventory of affordable housing for the poor.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020