PM Imran emphasizes on providing relief to the poor segments of society
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized on providing relief to the poor segments of society through targeted subsidies amid COVID-19.
Chairing a meeting of a Think-Tank on Finance and Economy in Islamabad, the premier said that the COVID-19 adversely impacted the world economy including Pakistan.
The Prime Minister said that from day one, the government adopted a strategy to maintain a balance between sustaining economic activity and protecting the masses from infectious disease of Covid-19.
He emphasized that out-of-the-box solutions are required for economic growth in these crucial times due to Coronavirus pandemic.
The Prime Minister highlighted that a substantive package has been announced for the construction and housing sector aimed at increasing much needed employment opportunities and economic stimulus as well as adding to the inventory of affordable housing for the poor.
- Russian Covid-19 vaccine Sputnik-V becomes third to be approved for ...02:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Karachi man posing as 'excise officer' gets caught during raid02:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Multan psychiatrist kills daughter, commits suicide 'over remarriage ...01:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani Ph.D. scholar bags top prize in Chinese essay competition12:14 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- US television host Larry King dies, aged 8708:59 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021