PM Imran emphasizes on providing relief to the poor segments of society
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized on providing relief to the poor segments of society through targeted subsidies amid COVID-19.
Chairing a meeting of a Think-Tank on Finance and Economy in Islamabad, the premier said that the COVID-19 adversely impacted the world economy including Pakistan.
The Prime Minister said that from day one, the government adopted a strategy to maintain a balance between sustaining economic activity and protecting the masses from infectious disease of Covid-19.
He emphasized that out-of-the-box solutions are required for economic growth in these crucial times due to Coronavirus pandemic.
The Prime Minister highlighted that a substantive package has been announced for the construction and housing sector aimed at increasing much needed employment opportunities and economic stimulus as well as adding to the inventory of affordable housing for the poor.
- United Nations officially came into existence on this day in 194502:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- TLP's long march turns into a sit-in as negotiations end in 'success'12:50 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill 16 terrorists in KP, Balochistan IBOs12:18 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Daughter of PM Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi ‘marries’ Pakistani ...11:50 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat responds to Tamgha-e-Imtiaz controversy09:55 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat clears the air after demeaning remarks regarding Madam Noor ...10:23 AM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021