PM Imran condemns terror attack at PC Gwadar, says Pakistani nation and its security forces shall defeat the terrorists
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has categorically stated that the Pakistani nation and its security forces shall defeat the terrorists and the government will not allow these agendas to succeed, the Radio Pakistan reported.
In a statement, while condemning the terrorist attack on a hotel in Gwadar, Prime Minister Imran Khan appreciated the initial response by a security guard and security forces in foiling greater loss to human lives.
He also paid rich tributes to Shaheeds and injured security personnel during the operation.
The prime minister said that such attempts, especially in Balochistan, are an effort to sabotage our economic projects and prosperity.
Earlier on Saturday, gunmen stormed Pearl Continental Hotel in Gwadar, killing at least one person.
In a statement, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the military’s media wing military said that three armed men killed a security guard as they attempted to enter the five-star hotel in the southern city.
Three to four armed militants stormed the facility at around 4:50 pm (Saturday).
China and Pakistan are developing the Gwadar port to facilitate connectivity and trade in the region.
Beijing is investing over $50 billion in Pakistan as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
- Shehzad Roy’s co-worker Wasu Khan in serious need of financial ...04:45 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020