Money Laundering Case: Zardari, Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand extended till Nov 26
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court in Islamabad on Tuesday has extended former president and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand till November 26 in the fake bank accounts case.
According to media reports, the court has also reserved its verdict in an application filed by former president Asif Ali Zardari seeking his transfer to Karachi for medical treatment.
During the hearing, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecutor presented his arguments in the courtroom and informed the court that Asif Zardari was shifted to the hospital upon recommendation of a medical board formed by the government […] “filing an application with the government is not begging.”
The prosecutor further asked whether the former president was transferred to the hospital due to begging.
Meanwhile, the court extended judicial remand of both PPP leaders till Nov 26 and directed the accountability watchdog to produce them before the court again upon expiry of the remand.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019