Money Laundering Case: Zardari, Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand extended till Nov 26
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court in Islamabad on Tuesday has extended former president and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand till November 26 in the fake bank accounts case.
According to media reports, the court has also reserved its verdict in an application filed by former president Asif Ali Zardari seeking his transfer to Karachi for medical treatment.
During the hearing, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) prosecutor presented his arguments in the courtroom and informed the court that Asif Zardari was shifted to the hospital upon recommendation of a medical board formed by the government […] “filing an application with the government is not begging.”
The prosecutor further asked whether the former president was transferred to the hospital due to begging.
Meanwhile, the court extended judicial remand of both PPP leaders till Nov 26 and directed the accountability watchdog to produce them before the court again upon expiry of the remand.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019