BAP's Khalid Bizenjo wins senate by-poll in Balochistan
QUETTA - Khalid Bizenjo, a candidate of the ruling Balochistan Awami Party (BAP), won the by-election in Balochistan Assembly on a vacant Senate seat on Saturday.
The seat was vacated after Senator Mir Hasil Khan Bizenjo of National Party passed away on August 20 this year.
With a total of 61 votes polled in the house of 65 lawmakers, Khalid Bizenjo secured 38 votes while his opponent Ghausullah of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, also having support of Balochistan National Party Mengal (BNP-M), managed to secure 21 votes.
Two votes were rejected.
The polling started at 9 am and continued till 5 pm without break amid tight security in and around the Balochistan Assembly.
Balochistan National Party-Mangal (BNP-M)'s candidate Muhammad Ali had withdrawn his nominations in favor of Ghausullah in last night.
The two independent candidates including Munir Ahmed Baloch and Muhammad Ali failed to get a single vote in the poll.
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston reunite for a virtual reading of Fast ...11:59 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- At least 32 students, two school staff members contract coronavirus ...11:51 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PML-N announces delegation for opposition's APC on September10:24 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Health of students our first priority: Education Minister10:08 AM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly exudes major traditional vibes in latest photo and fans are ...05:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020