Pakistan strongly condemns Indian curtailment of religious freedom of Kashmiri Muslims on Eid al Adha
In a statement today, Foreign Office Spokesperson said India has curtailed the religious freedom of millions of Kashmiris on the important festival of Eid al Adha.
He said restrictions and curtailment of this fundamental religious freedom of millions of Kashmiri Muslims constitutes a serious violation of applicable international human rights law, to which India is a party.
The Spokesperson said occupied valley has been turned into a massive military prison and Kashmiris were prevented from offering the traditional prayers at Srinagar's historic Jama Masjid.
He said complete communications blockade of the telephone; landline and cellular and internet services for over a week also deprived the Kashmiris from contacting their families and loved ones on this festive occasion.
He said these measures amount to "collective punishment" on an industrial scale and violate all principles and precepts of human rights and humanitarian law.
He said Pakistan calls upon the international community, including the United Nations human rights machinery and other relevant bodies, to hold India to account for these deliberate crimes against religion, violations of international law and lack of respect for human decency.
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019