Pakistan strongly condemns Indian curtailment of religious freedom of Kashmiri Muslims on Eid al Adha
In a statement today, Foreign Office Spokesperson said India has curtailed the religious freedom of millions of Kashmiris on the important festival of Eid al Adha.
He said restrictions and curtailment of this fundamental religious freedom of millions of Kashmiri Muslims constitutes a serious violation of applicable international human rights law, to which India is a party.
The Spokesperson said occupied valley has been turned into a massive military prison and Kashmiris were prevented from offering the traditional prayers at Srinagar's historic Jama Masjid.
He said complete communications blockade of the telephone; landline and cellular and internet services for over a week also deprived the Kashmiris from contacting their families and loved ones on this festive occasion.
He said these measures amount to "collective punishment" on an industrial scale and violate all principles and precepts of human rights and humanitarian law.
He said Pakistan calls upon the international community, including the United Nations human rights machinery and other relevant bodies, to hold India to account for these deliberate crimes against religion, violations of international law and lack of respect for human decency.
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020