Pakistan strongly condemns Indian curtailment of religious freedom of Kashmiri Muslims on Eid al Adha
In a statement today, Foreign Office Spokesperson said India has curtailed the religious freedom of millions of Kashmiris on the important festival of Eid al Adha.
He said restrictions and curtailment of this fundamental religious freedom of millions of Kashmiri Muslims constitutes a serious violation of applicable international human rights law, to which India is a party.
The Spokesperson said occupied valley has been turned into a massive military prison and Kashmiris were prevented from offering the traditional prayers at Srinagar's historic Jama Masjid.
He said complete communications blockade of the telephone; landline and cellular and internet services for over a week also deprived the Kashmiris from contacting their families and loved ones on this festive occasion.
He said these measures amount to "collective punishment" on an industrial scale and violate all principles and precepts of human rights and humanitarian law.
He said Pakistan calls upon the international community, including the United Nations human rights machinery and other relevant bodies, to hold India to account for these deliberate crimes against religion, violations of international law and lack of respect for human decency.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022