JUI-F's prominent leader arrested in hate speech case
Mufti Kifayatullah, who was also the former opposition leader of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, was shifted to the Attock Jail after a local court rejected his bail plea.
The central leader of the Moulana Fazulur Rehman-led party had come to attend a conference titled "Tahfuz-e-Madaras Dinniya" on the invitation of Wafaq ul Madaris Al-Arabia in Hazro.
He was arrested by the police and CTD officials once he completed his address to the participants and shifted him to the Hazro police station.
He was produced before an anti-terrorism court which sent him on judicial remand in the case. A number of people belong to the JUI-F were present during the hearing.
Local media citing sources said that a fresh case has also been registered against Mufti Kifayatullah over inciting speech.
Meanwhile, JUI-F leaders protested against the arrest and termed it a coward attack by the government and part of political revenge. They also demanded the immediate release of the cleric.
Leaders of the Wafaq ul Madaris Al Arabia, including Moulana dr Abdul Razaq Sikandar, Moulana Anwarul Haq, Mufti Rafi Usmani, have also condemned the arrest of Kifayatullah in an old case.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS General Bajwa likely to meet top official during his stay in US10:00 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022