PTI's Asad Khokhar wins PP-168 by-election: unofficial results
PTI's candidate Malik Asad Ali Khokhar won the by-elections by securing 17,579 votes while Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) nominee Rana Khalid Mehmood is at the second position with 16,892 votes.
Meanwhile, PTI supporters held a fireworks display outside the office of Khokhar celebrating his triumph.
The voting process ended at 5 pm without any break; no untoward incident happened during the process while the counting is underway.
The provincial seat was vacated by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Khawaja Saad Rafique, after he was elected a member of the National Assembly.
Pakistan Peoples’ Party has announced to support PML-N in the by-poll.
According to the Election Commission of Pakistan, there are 126,912 registered voters in the constituency with 83 polling stations set up for voters.
Rangers' presence had been requested while the army was on standby.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022