Top five best selling cars of 2018 in Pakistan
Currently, three major auto giants - Toyota, Suzuki and Honda - are manufacturing vehicles for a thriving Pakistani market.
Let’s have a look at top five most selling cars of Pakistan in 2018
Toyota Corolla was launched in Japan in 1967 and in 1993 Toyota Indus Motors launched Corolla for Pakistani Consumers.
It’s the most popular sedan of all time, with 49,840 units sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The existing Corolla is available in several variants like Xli, GLi, Altis and Altis Grande.
Honda Civic and City
The first Honda Civic was introduced in Japan in 1972. In Pakistan, this car was introduced in 1994 by Honda Atlas Cars. The tenth-generation of Honda Civic is considered as the most highly featured in its league.
Currently only one variant 1.8 of Honda Civic is available in Pakistan, with 18,971 units sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
Honda city was launched in Japan in 1981. Honda Atlas Pakistan launched this car in 2000 for Pakistani market. Honda City is currently available in three variants: 1.3, 1.5 and Aspire 1.5.
As many as 18,971 units were sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The cumulative sale of both cars, Civic and City, is 42,984 units.
In 1984, Suzuki Japan introduced second generation Alto (Mehran). Pak Suzuki Mehran has a three-decade-old design and still comes with nearly the same look and features as the original one, which was introduced in 1989.
As many as 37,600 units were sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
Currently, Mehran is available in two variants: VX and VXR.
Suzuki Wagon R
The Suzuki Wagon R is a kei car produced by the Japanese manufacturer Suzuki since 1993. Pak-Suzuki launched the new Wagon R in 2014. It comes in two variants: VXR and VXL.
As many as 28,406 units were sold during 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The Suzuki Cultus is a supermini car produced by the Japanese manufacturer Suzuki in 1983. Currently, it is available in three models: VXR, VXL, and Auto Gear Shift.
As many as 19,757 units were sold during 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022