Top five best selling cars of 2018 in Pakistan
LAHORE – Pakistan automobile industry has gone through massive changes recently as many global auto manufacturers poured millions into the sector besides local investment to cater the burgeoning demand of vehicles in the South Asian country.
Currently, three major auto giants - Toyota, Suzuki and Honda - are manufacturing vehicles for a thriving Pakistani market.
Let’s have a look at top five most selling cars of Pakistan in 2018
Toyota Corolla was launched in Japan in 1967 and in 1993 Toyota Indus Motors launched Corolla for Pakistani Consumers.
It’s the most popular sedan of all time, with 49,840 units sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The existing Corolla is available in several variants like Xli, GLi, Altis and Altis Grande.
Honda Civic and City
The first Honda Civic was introduced in Japan in 1972. In Pakistan, this car was introduced in 1994 by Honda Atlas Cars. The tenth-generation of Honda Civic is considered as the most highly featured in its league.
Currently only one variant 1.8 of Honda Civic is available in Pakistan, with 18,971 units sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
Honda city was launched in Japan in 1981. Honda Atlas Pakistan launched this car in 2000 for Pakistani market. Honda City is currently available in three variants: 1.3, 1.5 and Aspire 1.5.
As many as 18,971 units were sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The cumulative sale of both cars, Civic and City, is 42,984 units.
In 1984, Suzuki Japan introduced second generation Alto (Mehran). Pak Suzuki Mehran has a three-decade-old design and still comes with nearly the same look and features as the original one, which was introduced in 1989.
As many as 37,600 units were sold during the past 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
Currently, Mehran is available in two variants: VX and VXR.
Suzuki Wagon R
The Suzuki Wagon R is a kei car produced by the Japanese manufacturer Suzuki since 1993. Pak-Suzuki launched the new Wagon R in 2014. It comes in two variants: VXR and VXL.
As many as 28,406 units were sold during 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
The Suzuki Cultus is a supermini car produced by the Japanese manufacturer Suzuki in 1983. Currently, it is available in three models: VXR, VXL, and Auto Gear Shift.
As many as 19,757 units were sold during 11 months (January 2018 – November 2018).
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019