Army to continue supporting mainstreaming of FATA, says COAS Gen Bajwa
The Chief of Army Staff expressed these views while visiting South Waziristan Agency (SWA) as he spent a busy day with troops deployed at forward posts.
According to ISPR, the Army Chief was briefed by the GOC (General Officer Commanding) about security and stability situation in the Agency including border management and rehabilitation of TDPs (Temporarily Displaced Persons).
Expressing his satisfaction on operational gains, development works and measures for better border security management, the COAS directed continued focusing on stability operations and socio-economic development for enduring peace in the area.
While interacting with troops, General Bajwa appreciated their valour and commitment which enabled re-establishment of the writ of the state.
He also acknowledged and appreciated the resolve of tribal brethren and the local administration for supporting the Army's efforts.
Earlier, on arrival at SWA, COAS was received by Lt Gen Nazir Ahmed Butt, Commander Peshawar Corps.
- Islamabad police won’t release CCTV footage showing Noor ...11:25 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Taliban, China promise not to interfere in each other's affairs11:04 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto celebrates husband’s 33rd birthday in style09:27 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares her two cents on patriarchal violence07:58 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new swimming pool photo sets internet on fire05:32 PM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021