Three FC personnel killed in South Waziristan blast
According to the details, the Improvised Explosive Device went off as the trio were on regular patrol on a motorbike in Toikhola village in South Waziristan tribal district.
The attack came as the chief of army staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited the district, the military said, confirming the soldiers had died.
After the blast, the area was sealed by security forces and a search operation was started to arrest the perpetrators. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
South Waziristan is one of the war-torn region where the clash between armed forces and militant groups erupts sporadically. FC personnel have been regularly targeted in the Federally Administrated Tribal Areas in the past few months and particularly through IED's.
- Pakistan’s top military commander visits Sialkot, Kotli to witness ...04:00 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Chinese woman breaks own Guinness world record for the longest ...02:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- WATCH - US diver survives being swallowed alive by a humpback whale02:37 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sajal Aly to feature in Atif Aslam's new music video02:50 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Minal Khan, Ahsan Mohsin look fabulous at ‘official’ engagement ...12:46 AM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021