Diamer-Bhasha, Mohmand dams fund receives Rs9.132b
ISLAMABAD – The Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan Diamir Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund has so far received Rs 9.132 billion.
The countrywide contribution to the fund stood at Rs 7.912 billion while the remaining Rs 1.22 billion were contributed by the expatriate Pakistanis, according to an update issued by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
Pakistanis living in the USA remained the top among the foreign countries who donated Rs 443.572 million followed by the UK from where a sum of Rs 234.642 million had been transferred to the dams fund so far.
Similarly, the fund also received Rs 132.4 million through the SMS service of various cellular companies in Pakistan.
According to details issued by the SBP, the top ten institutional donors included Employees of Punjab government with the contribution of Rs 1.09 billion; Pak Army, Rs 582.071 million; HQ CWO SPD Rs201.093 million; Bahria Town, Rs 110.12 million; and PAF, Rs 100.28 million.
Pakistani expats' contribution for Dam Fund ... 05:29 PM | 9 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – The overseas Pakistanis have so far contributed around one billion rupees to The Supreme Court of ...
Meanwhile, the SBP in a circular directed the banks not to charge any service fee including interchange fee, merchant discount rate, transaction fee etc. on the donations/payments made to the dam fund through payment cards (debit, credit or prepaid cards).
The Chief Justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan established a Supreme Court of Pakistan Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dams Fund (bearing account No.03-593-299999-001-4 and IBN No. PK06SBPP0035932999990014) on July 10, 2018, to raise funds for the construction of two mega water reservoirs.
The apex court supervised the fund and its Registrar operates its account directly.
Later, PM Imran announced to join efforts with the chief justice for the cause. Accordingly, the fund was renamed as “Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan Fund for Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dam".
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020