Mobile users to get 100% amount on mobile recharge for 15 days
ISLAMABAD – Following the order of Supreme Court cellular companies have decided to suspend all taxes on mobile phone recharge.
According to media reports, all cellular users will get 100 percent amount on mobile recharge from tonight (12:am) for only next 15 days.
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) in collaboration with local cellular firms, within 15 days, will establish a new mechanism regarding tax deduction on mobile phone recharge.
The current tax levy on every Rs100 recharge is Rs35.72.
Earlier this week, the apex court had suspended all the taxes deducted by the cellular companies on mobile phone recharge and gave a two-day deadline to the companies for implementing the order
A two-member bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, issued the ruling while hearing a suo moto notice the withholding tax imposed on mobile recharge at apex court’s Lahore Registry.
The court also ordered to form a comprehensive plan for deducting taxes on mobile cards, adding that the taxes – withholding tax, federal excise duty and others – will not be deducted until the final verdict in the case is announced.
Earlier, Senator Muhammad Ateeq Shiekh during the meeting said, consumers have paid Rs28 on Rs100 card which is unfair. The government should remove advance and withholding tax being charged on Rs100 mobile card, he demanded.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020