Pakistan's Defence Day commemorated in Beijing with gusto
The celebration was aimed at paying homage to martyrs of the 1965 war as well as to those brave souls who rendered sacrifices in the defence of Pakistan.
To mark the occasion, a reception was held at the Pakistan House with Lieutenant General Peng Bo, Deputy Commander of PLA Army as the chief guest.
Welcoming the guests, Ambassador Masood Khalid said Defence Day is commemorated as a tribute to our valiant Armed forces and to their inherent patriotism, discipline, and commitment.
"Pakistan seeks a peaceful and prosperous neighborhood which is the key principle of Pakistan’s Foreign Policy," he said, however, lamented that despite sincere efforts by Pakistan, India has refused dialogue with Pakistan to resolve outstanding issues. Instead of addressing the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, India has unleashed a reign of terror in Indian occupied Kashmir. He reaffirmed Pakistan’s political, moral and diplomatic support to the just cause of the Kashmiri people.
"Instead of addressing the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, India has unleashed a reign of terror in Indian occupied Kashmir" the envoy added and reaffirmed Pakistan’s political, moral and diplomatic support to the just cause of the Kashmiri people.
The Ambassador also highlighted the sacrifices of Armed forces of Pakistan in the fight against terrorism and reaffirmed Pakistan’s resolve to root out terrorism.
He thanked the Chinese Government and PLA for their friendship and support.
Major General Zhang Jin, Assistant Chief of Staff for PLA Air Force, Major General Xu Haihua, Assistant Chief of Staff for PLA Navy, and Major General Ci Guowei, Vice Chief of Office of International Military Cooperation (OIMC) of the Central Military Commission were also in attendance.
Other guests of the prestigious event included Ambassadors and members of diplomatic corps, Defence and Military Attaches, Chinese government officials and members of the media. Pakistani diaspora in China also participated in the event.
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Leaked audio clips of PM Shehbaz, ministers up for sale on dark web: ...11:24 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Two Pakistan Army majors among 6 martyred in Balochistan chopper crash10:49 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022