CJP donates Rs100,000 more to dams fund
The CJP made this announcement in Special Transmission of a local satellite television news channel, said a press release issued Thursday.
This is the second donation by the top judge, who donated Rs1 million for the two dams while kicking starting the initiative was originally kick-started in July.
Directing the authorities to immediately start construction of the two dams, the CJP also urged all institutions and individuals to play their due role for the construction of the dams in the country.
Overseas Pakistanis must contribute to dams fund, ... 05:31 PM | 7 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has appealed to the Pakistanis living abroad to contribute to dams fund, ...
So far, the Dams Fund has received more than three billion rupees.
The fund witnessed a boost after the recent speech of Prime Minister Imran Khan, who urged the nation to donate generously for the construction of Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams. In a televised address to the nation on September 7, Prime Minister Imran Khan made an impassioned appeal to all Pakistanis, particularly overseas diaspora to generously donate funds to help the Country build dams.
Some Rs 906.2 million was received in the fund on September 11, the State Bank said.
Meanwhile, the SBP in a circular directed the banks not to charge any service fee including interchange fee, merchant discount rate, transaction fee etc on the donations/payments made to the dam fund through payment cards (debit, credit or prepaid cards).
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021