Shopkeeper arrested for 'No Ahmadis Inside' note
The picture was originally tweeted by renowned journalist Raza Rumi and later the Lahore DCO replied to the post with a picture that showed the 'hate-speech' note being removed from the shop located in Hafeez Centre.
According to a police statement on Sunday, the shopkeeper was identified as Abid Hashmi and arrested during a raid of Gulberg officials.
The suspect will now be tired under sections 295-A of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) and 16 of the MPO.
The action was taken on special instructions of DIG Operations Dr Haider Ashraf, who assured complete implementation on National Action Plan (NAP) in the statement.
- Pakistani-American appointed as first Muslim police assistant chief ...01:11 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- WATCH - Vehari cops share Sehri, Iftar with detained TLP protesters12:18 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Green shirts arrive in Zimbabwe for T20I, Test Series11:52 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s first class cricketer shot dead for resisting robbery bid11:05 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Saad Rizvi placed on ATA’s fourth schedule, assets frozen, ID card ...10:28 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021