Shopkeeper arrested for 'No Ahmadis Inside' note
The picture was originally tweeted by renowned journalist Raza Rumi and later the Lahore DCO replied to the post with a picture that showed the 'hate-speech' note being removed from the shop located in Hafeez Centre.
According to a police statement on Sunday, the shopkeeper was identified as Abid Hashmi and arrested during a raid of Gulberg officials.
The suspect will now be tired under sections 295-A of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) and 16 of the MPO.
The action was taken on special instructions of DIG Operations Dr Haider Ashraf, who assured complete implementation on National Action Plan (NAP) in the statement.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022