Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop incidents of desecration of Holy Quran
AMMAN – Pakistan has urged all Muslim countries to devise a joint strategy to stop the incidents of desecration of the Holy Quran and sacred personalities.
In a meeting of General Council of Religious Ministers of Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Jordan, Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Noor-ul-Haq Qadri strongly condemned the desecration of the Holy Quran by an extremist in Norway last month.
He stressed enhancing the role of mosques and prayer leaders for character building and teaching moral values and creating exemplary tolerant society.
The ministers of member countries lauded the suggestion of Noor-ul-Haq Qadri.
They also agreed to hold detailed discussions on impeding the frequent desecration incidents in the next meeting scheduled to be held in Jeddah.
The meeting was attended by the ministers of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Egypt, Morocco, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan and Palestine.
- Rice exports grew 26.30% as 2.02 million tons in first half of FY ...03:47 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- One in three girls from poor households has never attended school: ...03:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Reasons to choose TECNO02:53 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Nanbais shut down Nan centers in KP for indefinite period01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019