Pakistan to participate Int'l Snow Leopard Conservation Summit in August
The minister stated this during a meeting with the ambassador of Kyrgyz Republic to Pakistan Erik Beishembievpaid.
Zahid Hamid said that the government is taking all possible measures for conservation of Snow Leopard.The population of snow leopard is increasing due to the efforts of the government.
The minister said Pakistan and the Kyrgyz Republic are enjoying cordial and brotherly ties. Inspector General Forest Nasir Mehmood informed the ambassador that Trophy Hunting was playing a great role for conserving Markhor population.
The trophy hunting is the animal (or its head, skin or any other body part) that the hunter keeps as a souvenir. It is a booming industry and is legal.
He said that academia from Quid-i-Azam University and International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) are jointly conducting research on different features of snow leopard including habitat, DNA, ecosystem.
The Ambassador stressed the need for enhancing trade relations between both countries.
“Kyrgyz Republic is part of “one belt one road” it will help decreasing distance and cost,” he added.
Both countries agreed to increase bilateral and trade relations and make snow Leopard Conservation Summit successful.
- Pakistan launches first ever animal rights curriculum05:58 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- TikToker Ayesha Akram faces arrest for defying court orders in ...05:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Inside the lavish wedding of Fazila Qazi and Qaisar Khan Nizamani's ...05:09 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Fajr Sheikh’s workout video goes viral09:05 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022