Pakistan to participate Int'l Snow Leopard Conservation Summit in August
The minister stated this during a meeting with the ambassador of Kyrgyz Republic to Pakistan Erik Beishembievpaid.
Zahid Hamid said that the government is taking all possible measures for conservation of Snow Leopard.The population of snow leopard is increasing due to the efforts of the government.
The minister said Pakistan and the Kyrgyz Republic are enjoying cordial and brotherly ties. Inspector General Forest Nasir Mehmood informed the ambassador that Trophy Hunting was playing a great role for conserving Markhor population.
The trophy hunting is the animal (or its head, skin or any other body part) that the hunter keeps as a souvenir. It is a booming industry and is legal.
He said that academia from Quid-i-Azam University and International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) are jointly conducting research on different features of snow leopard including habitat, DNA, ecosystem.
The Ambassador stressed the need for enhancing trade relations between both countries.
“Kyrgyz Republic is part of “one belt one road” it will help decreasing distance and cost,” he added.
Both countries agreed to increase bilateral and trade relations and make snow Leopard Conservation Summit successful.
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Sarah Khan reveals the secret behind her weight loss07:39 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022