Whatsapp messaging service goes down in Pakistan, other countries
LAHORE - The popular messaging service, WhatsApp, faces a major outage early Thursday, preventing millions of users from accessing the app, local media reported.
Users in Japan, Russia, Lebanon, Netherlands, India, Oman and other countries also reported that Whatsapp was down in their countries. Pakistan users are also facing issues as they are unable to send and receive messages through the app.
The website Down Detector showed a huge spike in problems with the app beginning around 2am. Around 43 percent problems are related to connection and 41% are about sending and receiving messages.
Users miffed with Whatsapp crash took to Twitter to highlight the issue.
whatsapp not working? #WhatsappDown— Syed Noman (@syednomanali_) June 14, 2018
When you turn to twitter to see if #WhatsApp is down 😂 ...— rita rizk (@ritarr761) June 14, 2018
WHATSAPP DOWN WHATSAPP DOWN!!!!— guy in the hoodie (@perksofrishi_) June 14, 2018
DO NOT PANIC. WHATSAPP IS DOWN.— C@th (@cathjenkin) June 14, 2018
#whatsapp is down globally. It's the beginning of the end! I hope everyone has their prepper stash ready. Haha!— Donnie Mac Jnr (@DonnieMac18) June 14, 2018
WhatsApp allows users to message and send photos to one another across different operating systems and platforms, and is considered by many to be a simpler alternative to text messages or SMS.
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020