Amid protest, Sindh presents deficit free budget 2019-20
The opposition MPAs, led by the Leader of Opposion Firdous Shamim Naqvi, carrying placards gathered in front of the Chief Minister and continued chanting slogans against Sindh Government and Pakistan People's Party till the end of his speech.
Sindh Government has increased the budgetary allocation for health sector by 19% and has earmarked
Rs.114.4 billion for fiscal year 2019-2020 against Rs.96.8 billion in 2018-2019.
Sindh Chief Minister in his budget speech here Friday said allocated amount for the new fiscal year would not cover medical education and shall be focused on series of healthcare programs coupled with establishment and upgradation health facilities besides strengthening of monitoring and surveillance of health systems as well as procurement of machinery and equipments.
Mentioning that health is a high priority, the Sindh CM said significant investments have been made over the years in the preventive program and primary healthcare largely through Peoples
Primary Health Initiative.
The provincial government was claimed to had made significant investments in Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre (JPMC), National Institute of Child Health (NICH) and National Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases (NICVD) turning the three facilities into state-of-the-art centres.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020