With investment in focus, PM Imran launches new visa regime for 175 countries
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Thursday announced a new visa policy for 175 countries to promote tourism and attract investments in the country.
Addressing a ceremony for online visa inauguration in Islamabad, the PM termed the new visa regime a step toward ‘Naya Pakistan’ saying "Pakistan does not face security issues anymore".
The premier said that the new visa policies depict a new mindset due to which people will come to Pakistan and see for themselves the potential of the country.
Imran Khan, on the occasion, vowed that all the matches of Pakistan Super League would be held in Pakistan next year; currently, only eight matches are scheduled to be played in the country.
#DiscoverPakistan— Tehreek-e-Insaf (@InsafPK) March 14, 2019
Pakistan enters in another era, an era of getting discovered its land of flowers and essence by the tourists of 175 countries with a fresh visa regime facilitated by Online Visa across the world. pic.twitter.com/zjluTJ8mzQ
"Issuance of online visa is a major step towards bringing real change as it will open the country to the outside world. It also shows that Pakistan is a peaceful and stable country and open to the world for business and tourism," the premier shared.
- Pakistani missions abroad will approve three-month e-visas to foreigners in 175 countries within a processing time of 7-10 working days.
- Foreign nationals of Indian origin are also allowed to avail the facility of visa on arrival for religious tourism.
- Multiple business visas for five years shall be granted within 24 hours provided required documents are furnished.
- Visas to foreign journalists shall be cleared on priority upon the recommendation of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
The beautiful region of Gilgit Baltistan of Pakistan is twice the size of Switzerland and there are still many unexplored areas in the area, Imran Khan opined.
The premier observed that the country was opening new doors for the world and tourism task force is exploring new venues for the tourists.
Imran Khan also lavished praise on Ministry of Interior for what he said was a 'historical move' and cited the example of Malaysia and Turkey earning billions through tourism.
As per the new visa policy, e-visa facility will initially be provided to five countries namely Turkey, China, Malaysia, United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates as the citizens of these countries will be able to apply for Pakistani visa for $8 fee.
Those aspiring to visit Pakistan can simply visit the Nadra website and apply for visa by following a few steps.
Moreover, the number of countries for the business visa has been increased from 48 to 96.
Pakistan announces visa-free entry for 50, ... 05:52 PM | 25 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD — Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Chaudhry Fawad Hussain Friday said Pakistan ...
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry had expressed a day earlier that the policy will be extended to 170 countries in future.
"Ninety countries will be offered business visa, while 55 countries will be granted visa on arrival," he added.
- Pakistan Armed Forces participate in Bright Star 2021 drill in Egypt: ...03:47 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- ‘The most sensible thing to do’ – PM Imran backs Biden’s ...03:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021