ECP rejects PTI’s votes transfer claims
“There is no truth in the allegation that votes were transferred from NA-122 before the by-election in the constituency,” the ECP said in a statement issued on Wednesday.
An ECP official said 4.5 million new voters are registered till now in Punjab following the May 11, 2013 elections.
The NA-122 election was declared null and void on August 22 while the voter list in the constituency was frozen on August 26.
He further said that election schedule for NA-122 by-election was announced on August 26.
The PTI chairman Imran Khan sensed a conspiracy of rigging in NA-122 by-polls, where his party candidate Abdul Aleem Khan was defeated by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) candidate Ayaz Sadiq.
“We are investigating the number of PTI votes thrown out of NA122 at the last minute & will then approach the ECP,” Imran wrote on his verified Twitter account.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021