Army has right to comment on economy, says Opposition leader
He was referring to Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal’s statement that “the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general should refrain from commenting on the country’s economy”.
ISPR should refrain from commenting on country's ... 07:32 PM | 13 Oct, 2017
WASHINGTON - Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal on Friday has reacted on the ISPR's statement and said that the army should ...
His statement came a day after the military spokesman, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, had said in an interview “if the economy is not bad, it is not doing so well either.”
Prior to that, Chief of Army Staff Qamar Jawed Bajwa, while addressing economists and businessmen during a seminar in Karachi, had said the country’s economy was showing mixed indicators and that the tax base needed to be expanded and economic policies continued to be able to break the “begging bowl”.
- Azam Swati questions ECP’s decision to serve him show-cause notice12:48 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- No reason to doubt Taliban’s intentions, says ISPR DG12:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan extremely vulnerable to climate change, PM Imran tells world ...12:10 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- England withdraw from cricket series with Pakistan10:25 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- vivo Pakistan committed to enriching people's lives with superior ...09:40 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021