Army has right to comment on economy, says Opposition leader
He was referring to Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal’s statement that “the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general should refrain from commenting on the country’s economy”.
ISPR should refrain from commenting on country's ... 07:32 PM | 13 Oct, 2017
WASHINGTON - Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal on Friday has reacted on the ISPR's statement and said that the army should ...
His statement came a day after the military spokesman, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, had said in an interview “if the economy is not bad, it is not doing so well either.”
Prior to that, Chief of Army Staff Qamar Jawed Bajwa, while addressing economists and businessmen during a seminar in Karachi, had said the country’s economy was showing mixed indicators and that the tax base needed to be expanded and economic policies continued to be able to break the “begging bowl”.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021