Army has right to comment on economy, says Opposition leader
SUKKUR - Leader of Opposition in National Assembly Khurshid Shah has said there is nothing wrong with the army chief commenting on the state of the economy since he is the commander-in-chief of Pakistan.
He was referring to Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal’s statement that “the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) director general should refrain from commenting on the country’s economy”.
ISPR should refrain from commenting on country's ... 07:32 PM | 13 Oct, 2017
WASHINGTON - Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal on Friday has reacted on the ISPR's statement and said that the army should ...
His statement came a day after the military spokesman, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, had said in an interview “if the economy is not bad, it is not doing so well either.”
Prior to that, Chief of Army Staff Qamar Jawed Bajwa, while addressing economists and businessmen during a seminar in Karachi, had said the country’s economy was showing mixed indicators and that the tax base needed to be expanded and economic policies continued to be able to break the “begging bowl”.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019