Pakistan appoints Shahid Ashraf Tarar as World Bank executive director
Tarar was working as the chairman of National Highway Authority (NHA) while the authority was implementing a major part of $56 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
He will replace Nasir Mahmood Khan Khosa, also a DMG officer, whose tenure expires on November 1.
The World Bank assignment is considered a prized one who acts as executive director or alternate executive director on annual rotational basis on behalf of Afghanistan, Algeria, Ghana, Iran, Morocco and Tunisia and envisaged an annual salary starting $250,000 excluding other perks.
- Islamabad police produce Shahbaz Gill in court to seek extension in ...09:22 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:38 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 19 August 202208:16 AM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- 'Kaisi Teri Khudgarzi' slammed for glorifying abuse, violence10:21 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022