Pakistan appoints Shahid Ashraf Tarar as World Bank executive director
Tarar was working as the chairman of National Highway Authority (NHA) while the authority was implementing a major part of $56 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
He will replace Nasir Mahmood Khan Khosa, also a DMG officer, whose tenure expires on November 1.
The World Bank assignment is considered a prized one who acts as executive director or alternate executive director on annual rotational basis on behalf of Afghanistan, Algeria, Ghana, Iran, Morocco and Tunisia and envisaged an annual salary starting $250,000 excluding other perks.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 January 202208:41 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021