Pakistan appoints Shahid Ashraf Tarar as World Bank executive director
Tarar was working as the chairman of National Highway Authority (NHA) while the authority was implementing a major part of $56 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
He will replace Nasir Mahmood Khan Khosa, also a DMG officer, whose tenure expires on November 1.
The World Bank assignment is considered a prized one who acts as executive director or alternate executive director on annual rotational basis on behalf of Afghanistan, Algeria, Ghana, Iran, Morocco and Tunisia and envisaged an annual salary starting $250,000 excluding other perks.
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan issues visas to Indian pilgrims to visit Hindu shrine in ...07:53 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021