Pakistan Investment Conference 2019 closes with resolution to enhance bilateral ties between Pakistan and the US
During the visit, the delegation met with representatives of the US State Department, Chamber of Commerce, USAID, US-Pak Business Council and global fund managers. The delegation was led by Imran Ismail - Governor Sindh and included Ali Jehangir Siddiqui - Ambassador for Foreign Investment, Kamran Nasir - CEO JSGL, Basir Shamsie, President & CEO JS Bank, Khalid Mansoor- CEO HUBCO, Ehsan Malik – CEO Pakistan Business Council, alongside other CEO’s and CFO’s from leading Pakistani corporations.
Imran Ismail shared his views remarking, “Pakistani business delegation was welcomed and hosted by the US State Department and other US trade agencies to explore trade potential between the two countries and to enhance bilateral trade in the spirit of discussions between President Trump and Prime Minister Imran Khan. I am positive that the Pakistan Investment Conference will play an important role in attracting foreign and portfolio investments to strengthen the economy of Pakistan”
During the visit, Ali Jehangir stated, “Pakistan has improved in terms of an attractive investment destination; investors should consider Pakistan as a market of good returns and secure investments.”
Thanking all the partners and participants, Kamran Nasir- CEO JS Global Capital Limited (JSGCL) said, “JSGCL is proud and humbled to be a part of initiatives such as these that seek to improve Pakistan’s image in the international community and benefit the country economically.”
The crux of the discussions focused upon business opportunities in Pakistan and ease of doing business for both countries.
The delegation included top-notch companies comprising roughly 1/3rd of the market capitalization of the benchmark PSX 100 index. Notable names included Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Engro Corporation (ENGRO), Hub Power Company (HUBC), United Bank Limited (UBL), MCB Bank Limited (MCB), Oil and Gas Development Company Ltd (OGDC), Pakistan Petroleum Ltd (PPL), Pakistan State Oil Company Ltd (PSO), DG Khan Cement (DGKC), Searle Company Ltd (SEARLE), AGP Limited (AGP) and others. Whereas among unlisted companies was Airlink Corporation.
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents11:15 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Embassy in Kabul closes consulate section10:29 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021