SC orders to hold Sindh mayors, deputy mayors polls through secret balloting
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) –Supreme Court of Pakistan on Friday ordered to hold mayors, deputy mayors and vice mayors polls through secret balloting in Sindh.
The court also ordered to hold the elections within seven days.
A three-member bench – headed by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali and comprising Justice Amir Hani Muslim and Justice Iqbal Hameed-ur-Rehman – heard the case filed by MQM.
On Thursday, the court reserved verdict and remarked that a short order would be announced on Friday.
The chief justice asked whether the law could be amended after issuance of election schedule.
Farooq H Naek, counsel for the Sindh government, told the court that schedule for election of mayor and deputy mayor was not issued yet. He said the provincial government and the MQM had reached on consensus over election for reserved seats.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020