NAB chief revokes summons issued to Shehbaz' family members
LAHORE - National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Chairman Javed Iqbal ordered the cancellation of summons issued to the wife and daughters of Opposition Leader in the National Assembly, Shahbaz Sharif.
According to a communique issued by the bureau on Monday, the directives were issued during a visit of the NAB chief to Lahore office.
"The chairman NAB has decided that he himself will directly supervise the cases regarding the Sharif family," the statement said.
According to the press release, Iqbal ordered the cancellation of the summons notices issued to Nusrat Shahbaz, the wife of Sharif, and to two of Sharif's daughters, Rabia Imran and Javaria Ali, directing that the three women be mailed questionnaires regarding the relevant cases today.
NAB 'raids' residence of ex-CM Shehbaz Sharif's ... 05:34 PM | 13 Apr, 2019
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has raided the house of former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif ...
The bureau quoted chairman Iqbal as saying that NAB was strictly adhering to the policy of "accountability for all" and that it has no affiliation with any political force.
"All accused are equal in the eyes of NAB; nonetheless, all 'mega corruption' cases will be taken to their logical conclusion," the handout stressed.
Sharif, the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly, his wife and daughters were directed to appear before a combined investigation team at NAB’s Lahore office next week to record their statements in an ongoing money laundering and income beyond means probe.
The move to issue the summons had drawn a strong reaction from the PML-N and from the PPP while the ruling PTI defended the move.
DG NAB urged settling matters with govt, alleges ... 10:17 PM | 13 Apr, 2019
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader Hamza Shehbaz alleged on Saturday that the Director General National ...
The NAB officials visited the residences of Shebaz Sharif's family on Saturday and contended that the motive was to deliver the summons, though the PML-N equated the visit with a raid.
Addressing a press conference later in the day, PML-N leader Hamza Shehbaz had expressed his reservations at the summons issued to his family members.
‘I was watching on the television when you walked up to our office. I feel bad about it. Your father [Shehbaz Sharif] has put in a lot of effort. Why don’t you engage the government to ease us off this burden,’ Hamza quoted the DG NAB as saying.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019