Fake accounts case: Zardari moves IHC seeking pre-arrest bail
ISLAMABAD - Former president Asif Ali Zardari moved the Islamabad High Court (IHC) seeking pre-arrest bail in the fake bank accounts case on Wednesday.
In the petition, Zardari has stated that he has been summoned by the accountability watchdog in the Haresh Company case and he could be arrested. He has requested the court to approve his bail to stop National Accountability Bureau (NAB) from arresting him.
The anti-corruption watchdog has summoned Asif Zardari on May 16 in relation to Haresh Company case, which is the part of the ongoing investigation in the money laundering and fake accounts case.
NAB arrests Aftab Memon in fake bank accounts case 01:16 PM | 8 Mar, 2019
RAWALPINDI - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Rawalpindi has on Friday arrested former Karachi Port Trust (KPT) ...
The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is investigating more than 30 people in relation to money laundering from fictitious accounts, including Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur. Zardari’s close aide Hussain Lawai was arrested in July 2018 in connection with the probe.
The money laundering case is being tipped as the next Panama papers type scam for the politicians in the country as the Federal Investigation Agency is investigating 32 people including former president Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur.
Moreover, Zardari’s close aide Hussain Lawai was also arrested in July in connection with the probe while former president’s another close aide and Omni Group chairman, Anwar Majeed, and his son, Abdul Ghani Majeed, were also arrested by the FIA in August.
Investigations so far have revealed that several ‘benami’ accounts were opened in 2013, 2014 and 2015 at some private banks from where transactions worth billions of rupees were made. in a fictitious manner.
The amount, according to FIA sources, is said to be black money gathered from various kickbacks, commissions and bribes.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020