SC to review constitutional status of internment centres: CJP Khosa
ISLAMABAD - Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa on Friday observed that internment centres may have been formed under the doctrine of necessity but the court would review their constitutional status.
He made these remarks while heading a five-member larger bench with Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Mushir Alam, Justice Umar Ata Bandial and Justice Qazi Faez Isa which heard the Federal and the K-P governments' appeal against the Peshawar High Court's (PHC) order to annul the K-P Action (in Aid of Civil Power) Ordinance, 2019.
During the course of proceedings, the Chief Justice said that the word of non-state elements surfaced after 9/11 and non-state elements did not have basic rights.
He asked did the institutions have evidence of detainees being non-state elements? The Attorney General said that the institutions had all details and evidences.
The Chief Justice said that the question before the court was about the constitutional status of internment centres. The court would not review that these internment centres are working right or not, he added.
Attorney General Anwar Mansoor said that army was fighting against those people who enter Pakistan for terrorism.
Later, hearing of the case was adjourned till Wednesday.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019