SC to review constitutional status of internment centres: CJP Khosa
ISLAMABAD - Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa on Friday observed that internment centres may have been formed under the doctrine of necessity but the court would review their constitutional status.
He made these remarks while heading a five-member larger bench with Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Mushir Alam, Justice Umar Ata Bandial and Justice Qazi Faez Isa which heard the Federal and the K-P governments' appeal against the Peshawar High Court's (PHC) order to annul the K-P Action (in Aid of Civil Power) Ordinance, 2019.
During the course of proceedings, the Chief Justice said that the word of non-state elements surfaced after 9/11 and non-state elements did not have basic rights.
He asked did the institutions have evidence of detainees being non-state elements? The Attorney General said that the institutions had all details and evidences.
The Chief Justice said that the question before the court was about the constitutional status of internment centres . The court would not review that these internment centres are working right or not, he added.
Attorney General Anwar Mansoor said that army was fighting against those people who enter Pakistan for terrorism.
Later, hearing of the case was adjourned till Wednesday.
- Infinix grand reward for its customers to celebrate Blessed Week10:26 AM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019