IHC reverts ECP decision to ban PM Kisan Package
Hearing an appeal filed by federal government, the IHC announced the reserved judgement saying that Kisan Package is a project of public welfare and ECP cannot stop government from implementing it. The provision of such support packages is really important to improve the poor condition of Pakistani farmers, it added.
The federal government prayed to the court that Kisan Package was also announced in Budget 2015-16 and it is not aimed at manipulating the results of local bodies elections as said by the ECP. The support package was not limited to Punjab and Sindh only, the provinces where LB polls are scheduled, but all four provinces and FATA. Hence ECP has deprived the farmers of Pakistan from their due right by suspending the PM Kisan Package.
In September Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had announced a Rs 341 billion relief package for famers, just weeks ahead of local bodies elections in Punjab and Sindh. The ECP suspended implementation on few parts of the package till December 3, terming it an attempt to influence the scheduled polls.
- PM Imran shares pictures of late mother, wife Bushra on Women's Day11:13 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Aurat March 2021 aims to highlight bias in Pakistan’s healthcare ...08:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021