IHC reverts ECP decision to ban PM Kisan Package
Hearing an appeal filed by federal government, the IHC announced the reserved judgement saying that Kisan Package is a project of public welfare and ECP cannot stop government from implementing it. The provision of such support packages is really important to improve the poor condition of Pakistani farmers, it added.
The federal government prayed to the court that Kisan Package was also announced in Budget 2015-16 and it is not aimed at manipulating the results of local bodies elections as said by the ECP. The support package was not limited to Punjab and Sindh only, the provinces where LB polls are scheduled, but all four provinces and FATA. Hence ECP has deprived the farmers of Pakistan from their due right by suspending the PM Kisan Package.
In September Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had announced a Rs 341 billion relief package for famers, just weeks ahead of local bodies elections in Punjab and Sindh. The ECP suspended implementation on few parts of the package till December 3, terming it an attempt to influence the scheduled polls.
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022