Opponents should learn to accept election results: PM
Addressing the inauguration ceremony of 104 megawatt of Gulpur power plant at Kotli, Azad Kashmir, on Thursday, he said that the opponents would gain nothing by pulling legs.
“The nation should show the mirror to the people doing the politics of accusations,” he said.
The prime minister said that the government kept the PTI members part of the parliament by requesting the Jamiat Ulema-e Islam-Fazl and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) to withdraw their resolutions against them, 92newshd cited.
“The nation should also see as to who is carrying forward the development agenda and who is impeding the process, adding that the nation should take notice of the negative politics of the party and hold them accountable for their deeds,” he said.
He said that the loadshedding will be eliminated from the country till the end of 2017, adding that Pakistan has the ability to produce 60,000 megawatt electricity.
He pointed out that there is potential of generating five hundred megawatt of power on Poonch River, which will be fully exploited.
The prime minister reiterated the commitment to address the issue of power shortage by the end of 2017. He said power shortages have already considerably been reduced from twelve to six hours. These will continue to decline in the years to come.
He said that the government is laying more emphasis to produce electricity at cheaper rates. For this purpose, he said hydroelectric, LNG and coal projects are been established.
“Providing cheap electricity to the industries is imperative to make their products competitive in the international markets,” he said. “Thar coal mine is also being explored to meet the future energy requirements of the country.”
Sharif said that 960 megawatt Neelum Jhelum project is nearing completion and we are interested to privatize it after its commissioning.
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022