Pakistan increases power tariff by Rs1.68 per unit
ISLAMABAD – The PTI-led federal government on Friday approved an increase in the electricity tariff by Rs1.68 per unit.
According to the media reports quoting sources said that the cabinet approved the increase in power tariff through a circulation summary.
In a bid to remain in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme, the government had sought the federal cabinet’s approval to increase electricity tariff by Rs1.68 per unit or nearly 14%.
Considering the summary sent by the Ministry of Energy for approval, the government increased electricity prices by Rs1.68 per unit.
According to the summary, the maximum per-unit electricity price is proposed at Rs24.33 per unit for domestic consumers.
The power tariff decision will result in the reduction of electricity subsidies by Rs72 billion during the remaining period of this fiscal year, according to the summary circulated among the cabinet members.
Earlier, the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) had increased the power tariff by Rs1.95 per unit on account of the fuel cost adjustment (FCA) for August 2021.
Petrol price likely to be increased by Rs5.9 per ... 09:52 AM | 15 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The petroleum prices are likely to increase from October 16, 2021. The Oil and Gas Regulatory ...
- Key suspects confess to lynching Sri Lankan manager in Sialkot05:00 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan re-elected to top body of int'l chemical weapons watchdog03:51 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Parents of Michigan boy, arrested, charged with manslaughter in ...03:27 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- The Magic Man by vivo X70 Pro — Bringing Out the Best of Emotions03:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan reveals the type of husband she’s looking for10:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan sings UAE national anthem in Urdu08:35 PM | 3 Dec, 2021
- Ahsan Khan shares thoughts on acting as career for Bilawal Bhutto10:23 PM | 3 Dec, 2021