Int’l Day of Democracy being marked worldwide today
LAHORE - The International Day of Democracy is being observed across the globe today (Tuesday) with an objective to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world.
Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser and Deputy Speaker National Assembly Qasim Khan Suri have said that the continuity and stability of the democratic institutions is imperative for the progress of the country, the Radio Pakistan reported.
In their message on the International Day of Democracy, today, they said Democracy ensures basic Human Rights including the right of Freedom of Expression.
Speaker Asad Qaiser said through democracy the country can be led on the path of progress and development and in the best public interest.
Deputy Speaker National Assembly, in his message said that democracy is the way by which common man participate in the affairs of the state.
He urged upon the regional and international community to support the Kashmiri people for their basic rights of Freedom.
In his message on the eve of this international day, Secretary General United Nations António Guterres said that as the world confronts COVID-19, democracy is crucial in ensuring the free flow of information, participation in decision-making and accountability for the response to the pandemic
- PSX in free fall as Shehbaz’s arrest brings political situation to ...11:44 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani MP demands treason cases against opposition members over ...11:28 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ADB approves $300 million loan to develop capital markets in Pakistan10:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Gilgit-Baltistan to get status of Pakistan’s provisional province09:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- 'Cannot suppress us by clever tactics,' Nawaz Sharif tells govt after ...09:15 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ZEE5 Global unveils the first look of new Zindagi Original ‘Ek ...02:25 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar share the most adorable selfie with ...01:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020