Iran ready to become part of China Pakistan Economic Corridor
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - Iranian ambassador in Pakistan Mehdi Honardoost has said his country is ready to become part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
“Iran is a time tested friend of Pakistan, which has neither allowed its soil to be used against Pakistan in the past nor in future,” the Iranian envoy said in a statement on Saturday.
All media reports on the use of Iranian territory against Pakistan are 100 percent incorrect, he added.
“Iranian president visit to Pakistan was an important milestone. We are shocked over telecast and publication of media reports on use of Iranian soil against Pakistan on the eve of Iranian president visit to Pakistan. Iran considers defence and security of Pakistan its own defence and security. No one can create any misperception between Iran and Pakistan,” Mr Honardoost remarked.
Iran and Pakistan have common interests and both are tied into the bonds of brotherhood and friendly ties. But the volume of trade between the two countries is not proportionate to level of friendship.
He went on to say that Pakistan is a larger country and it is rich with natural resources. “PM Nawaz Sharif has rightly said that trade volume would be taken to 5 billion dollars,” he added.
Responding to a question, the ambassador said that President Rouhani’s consultations and talks with top leadership of Pakistan remained successful and fruitful. Both the countries signed key agreements during Iranian president visit to Pakistan.
He added his country supports Pakistan endeavours for peace in Afghanistan. “If there is peace and stability in Afghanistan then there will be peace and stability in Pakistan and Iran,” he held.
To a question on terrorism which an international issue, the Iranian envoy said that most of the countries in the world are victims of terrorism. “Iran and Pakistan are cooperating with each other against terrorism.”
He underlined that Iran and Pakistan are also working on different mega projects and Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project is also one among these projects.
The five-year economic plan has been worked out, and Iran is ready to extend help to Pakistan in energy sector, he added.
- Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude ...10:36 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Sleep Expo Middle East announces first-ever industry award07:48 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Shahzain Bugti takes early lead in NA-259 re-polling, show initial ...07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019