Flood likely in Rivers Sutlej, Beas, Ravi, Chenab, Jhelum in next 48 hours
According to daily FFC report on Friday, the discharge in Rivers Sutlej and Ravi at rim stations will depend upon the floodwater releases from dams located in Indian
Medium flood flows were also expected in the Nullahs i.e. tributaries of River Ravi and Chenab including Hill Torrents of D.G. Khan Division, besides, medium to high flows in the local nullahs of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during the said period.
River Indus in "Tarbela-Sukkur Reach" and River Kabul in "Warsak - Nowshera Reach" are flowing in the low flood. All other main rivers (Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi & Sutlej) are flowing normally.
Today's combined live storage of three major reservoirs is 10.963 MAF i.e. 80.12% of the maximum combined live storage capacity. Tarbela Dam has attained the level of 1547.19 feet against the maximum conservation level of 1550.00 feet.
Yesterday’s well-marked monsoon low over North Madhya Pradesh (India) lies over Northeast Rajasthan (India), injecting moist current from the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea into the upper catchments of Rivers Sutlej, Beas, Ravi, Chenab and to some extent River Jhelum and North-Northeastern Punjab.
A trough of the westerly wave continues to prevail over Northeastern Afghanistan. Seasonal low still persists over Northern Balochistan. Moist currents from the Arabian Sea are penetrating into upper parts of the country upto 5000 feet and may become strong.
According to Flood Forecasting Division (FFD), Lahore, widespread thunderstorm/rain with scattered heavy falls and very heavy falls at isolated places is expected over Punjab (Rawalpindi & Gujranwala Divisions), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Malakand, Hazara, Mardan, Peshawar, Kohat & Bannu Divisions), besides, upper catchments of Rivers Kabul, Indus & Jhelum during the next 24 hours.
Scattered thunderstorm/rain with isolated heavy falls may also occur over upper catchments of Rivers Chenab, Ravi, Beas and Sutlej including Sargodha, Lahore & Bahawalpur Divisions of Punjab, besides, isolated thunderstorm/rain over Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Multan & D.G. Khan Divisions (Punjab), D.I. Khan Division (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) and Eastern Balochistan during the same period.
Widespread thunderstorm/rain with scattered heavy to very heavy falls and extremely heavy falls at isolated places is expected over the upper catchments of Rivers Sutlej, Beas, Ravi & Chenab and to some extent the catchment area of river Jhelum including Northeastern Punjab during the next 48 hours.
Scattered thunderstorm/rain with isolated heavy falls and one or two extremely heavy falls may occur over D.G. Khan Division. Scattered thunderstorm/rain of moderate-intensity is expected over Punjab (Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Faisalabad, Sahiwal & Multan Divisions) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa ( Malakand, Hazara, Peshawar, Kohat, Bannu & D.I. Khan Divisions).
Flood like the situation is expected in Rivers Sutlej, Beas, Ravi & Chenab including Jhelum (inflows at Mangla) during the said period.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022